Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) issue advice
Dr Blayney has a Diploma in Obstetrics and medical Gynaecology and has considerable experience in family planning and parenting. He can offer a sympathetic and patient centered service with a view to resolving problems. He believes that the argument that only women can understand women's problems is about as logical as wanting a senile geriatrician, a psychotic psychiatrist or an infant paediatrician.
Services offered include:
- Pregnancy Testing -the Practice Nurse can do this while you wait (free to our patients). Best done on early morning urine collection as soon as you suspect (after first missed period)
- Maternity Care (click here) -the only GP Obstetrician in Taranaki!
- Family Planning -including IUCD, Mirena and Diaphragm fitting, morning after pill, unplanned pregnancy and infertility
- Primary gynaecology including STD checks
- "Well women" checks -smear, pelvic & breast exam, mammography referral (mammograms are free to all women aged 45-64)
- Nurse Smears -not currently available.
- Full Medical review/"checkup" (see "Health Check") -please note: this service cannot be performed in a 10-15 minute standard consultation but is arranged AFTER the Nurse Health Check (and blood tests).